Friday, June 24, 2005

All work and no play makes Mac a dull boy

People keep making comments about how much I am at work. People keep making jokes that I should just spend the night on the display beds.

I just got paid tonight. 88 hours. Two weeks of 6 day weeks. At the end of this schedule it will be a total of over a month of 6 day work weeks. It really needs to stop.

I talked to the (so far, so cool) Assistant Store Manager about this situation. How it's killing me. I even volunteered to work one or two open to close days just to get enough hours to live on and to get two days off. She seemed generally receptive to the idea. She even let me know that Boss Frantic told her my schedule got priority. Thank God for small favors.

I have little social life with two days off. I have no social life with one night off. I need to change that, and a lot of other things.

Tonight, though, I plan on drinking Vodka on the rocks and watch Pink Floyd's The Wall on DVD. I think I may have to start filling in the tiny open spaces to repair my own wall again. Or maybe I just need a Dirty Woman.

Now where is that Aqua Pipe?

No comments: