Thursday, March 10, 2005

The Trouble With Fleece, a Dry Apartment, and a Cat

I wear this fleece shirt/pullover thing around the apartment during the chiller evenings. My apartment is dry, like Death Valley in summer dry; makes my nose bleed and eyeballs get flaky and brittle. I drink soda and whiskey through my sinuses just to breath.

Anyway, the combination of this warm-cuddly pullover and the dryness of the apartment make for a worrisome situation when it concerns showing my Little Lilly some lovin'. As I stroke her long-haired neck and back, it feels like a freaking Taser Attack. I snatch my hand back as a LOUD crack sound is heard with the electric pinch on my fingers. I am waiting fearfully for the time when the audible snap is followed by a visible Blue Spark and Lilly goes up in a ball of flame and smoke.

No comments: