Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Happy Birthday To Me

Actually, my friends helped me celebrate last week (thanks, sorry I's be late, I's be slow inda hade sum-tymes) at The Lamp Post Tavern. Pretty good jukebox (Springsteen! The Smiths!). Tasty Guinness. Nice open windows to watch the world go by and the snow come down. (quote of the night: M.B., looking at the slushy-snow fall down, "Amazing how something that looks so beautiful in February can look so ugly in March." That stuck me somewhat melancholic and poetic, really.) An all-around good neighborhood bar to take a friend or six.

Thank you CC, MC, MW, MB, DH, BH, RS, and K for that night. And for the Lilly Treats, Guinness and CDs (Endhits by Fugazi and Closer by Joy Division).

And today for lunch, I treated myself to a yummy Rare Roast Beef Wrap from Love's Something-Something at the food court, rather than the same old McDonald's I have (day in, day out). MMmmm, roast beef, gooooood.

Happy Birthday to me.

2 comments:

Mac said...

Hey thanks, and thanks for stopping by, it means a lot.

Shiya said...

does that make you an aries too? can't remember when it starts. i didn't know it was your bday...happy belated!!