Anyway, on the drive home from work, I get to thinking about a bunch of stuff, and just needed to appease my Void. I normally resist with little fight, but last night I gave in.
"Fuck it," I thought. "I so rarely buy myself anything." This had been pointed out by my mother over the phone around a month ago. When asked how my finances were holding up, I told her I'm, very surprisingly, maintaining a steady line. I mentioned my surprise at keeping my financial head above water what with the pay cut and all, and she said, "Mac, it's because you never buy yourself anything nice." And she sounded kind of sad, and I felt a little guilty about it.
So, I went positively insane (for me) at Best Buy last night. Here is what I bought:
- Suicidal Tendencies Lights...Camera...Revolution-- "...but I'd rather feel like shit than be full of shit!"
- Suicidal Tendencies How Will I Laugh Tomorrow When I Can't Even Smile Today-- "Am I living or am I dead."
- The Kills No Wow-- "...once in a while you've got to burn your lips to keep your feelings alive."
- The Dresden Dolls-- "...and you can tell from the state of my room that they let me out too soon and the pills that I ate came a couple weeks too late..."
- Madden 2005-- my defense is top form, like a wall topped with barbed wire and snipers.
- And Clint Eastwood The Man With No Name Trilogy Set-- Guns, Gold, Whiskey, Killing, and Smoking.
I still suffer from The Void, but I can have more fun while doing it.