Friday, February 18, 2005

I need more ice cubes

So the co-workers were either no-shows, went home early, or changed the after work drinking venue and didn't tell the rest of us, the ones closing. I thought they were going to Chumps/Champs, but then someone said Houlihaun's. So, I walked down there after work, but no Crate employees to be seen. Only on the way home did I think about Chumps, and there's no way I'm turning around for Chumps. Once on the way home, I'm homeward bound.

While still at work, I had a craving for a whisky on the rocks. Probably from reading this guy too much, his writing brings a slight romanticism to the darker liquor. I usually get the Wild Turkey, but tonight I sit and type and drink the Jack Daniels that M.C./C.C. bought me for my birthday two years ago; one of those big-as-a-keg bottles of Jack. I'm thinking of a second two-finger glass, but ran out of ice cubes. They evaporate in my freezer. Jack, neat?

Should I break out the pot? Nah, still job hunting *sigh.*

No comments: