Thursday, October 21, 2004

The end (apparently) is nigh

My neighbor left a voicemail informing me that the building has indeed been sold. The new owners are O'Flaughrty (spelling sooo wrong) something O'Other. And that they are "writing up the letters." The future is dark for this building and the apartment house to the west of it. The owners are, of course, planning on razing both lots and rebuild. Gee, maybe condos? Because, you know, Chicago could sure use more condos! They go well with the other five that are going/have gone up in the few blocks between me and Western Ave. alone, much less the rest of Andersonville area.

Man, I hate not having money. And floundering, flopping in worthless, meaningless jobs. I need to pull it together, man. I'm 33: This drama should've been figured out and resolved--what?-- seven or eight years ago? In some respects, I am better of now compared to then; but the majority of my current life situation seems comparable to someone way younger than me. I seem to have missed or not yet hit some important milestones. I focus too heavily on the failing aspects of my life, true, but not too much is moving along in the positive.

Hell, I can't even focus and bear down to write a coherent and interesting Blog post. Just more shotgun splatter thoughts.

In summary: I am broke, unsatisfied with my job, mentally unstable, filled with regret, probably suffering from some form of arrested development, hate on condos because I'll never afford one, am lonely yet alienate myself from friends, am horny, and am disgusted with how far my writing skills have decomposed.

Any questions?

No comments: