- 9:00. Wake up, look to alarm, realize I have twenty minutes to get ready for work. Panic=down.
- Lilly is really loud and REALLY wants attention this morning. "Got no time, baby."=down.
- As I sit to make the turn onto Lincoln Ave. from Foster, I see a CTA bus driver waiting at the stop across the street. Dancing. Dancing well. Like to Scat/jazz or something on his Ipod. And snapping his fingers. Smile=up.
- Remember dream last night which starred my last two girl friends. The overwhelming feeling recalled is regret and yearning. Dreams that leave crummy feeling residue=bad. Dreams with ex-girlfriends that keep all their clothes on= double down.
- Hit stretch of Lincoln Ave. that is lined with trees. Notice leaves are changing. Pretty colors=up.
- Remember that fall is my favorite season (and spring). Love the crisp smell, cool temps (sweaters!). Fall=up.
- Changing of seasons always brings nostalgic feelings and memories of school. Missing school (still? wtf?!?)= down.
- Get to work two minutes early= up.
- Both the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager are at corporate meetings= Double Ups!
- J.S.'s hair is down with snug pants= up.
- Find out J.S. has a boyfriend= down.
- But they broke up last week= hmmm. up and down.
- I have to work in the slowest department= even.
- First customer of the day's breath smells like rotting salami= down.
Okay, the ride is over, please exit the car on your right. Make sure all your belongings are on you.
[Ed note-if this had been an actual amusement park ride, your money would have been refunded. Sorry.]