Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I need an angry woman

In general, I like female vocalists in rock, punk, electronica et cetera times infinity. Tonight, however, I'm in the mood for angry, guttural, pissed-off-not-gonna-take-it-anymore, tattoos, whiskey on the breath, sweat on the stage, blood on the floor, fist in the air, nicotine stains on the fingertips, take your pants off and shove it in your face women of notes and noize. I need the combination of Femininity and Fret-buzzing Fenders turned to Eleven.

Probably because I am a pissed off, angst-ridden, 21 year old Lesbian trapped inside a 34 year old male body with no fashion sense.

So far:


I'm not even sure why this mood's come about. Sometimes I just binge 'n' purge. I could hit Star Gaze in my old neighborhood for last call, I suppose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ever heard of Spottiswoode and His Enemies? It's gravely, folksy, bluesy music, but there's a great song on their 2003 album "Building a Road" called "I'm in Love with An Angry Girl". You need that song!