Friday, December 24, 2004

Merry [insert celebrated Holiday] To You!

My parents visited last Saturday, bringing a truckload of food. And a freaking TV. I now have a TV with a screen larger than a postcard. Yeah, baby! Two of my aunts and my mom sent baskets of food, my cupboards are now longer bare; soups, cookies, Mac and Cheese, potatoes, fruits, Three Muskateers, and pudding...PUDDING, do you realize I haven't had pudding in da house in YEARS! When yooz po' yo jes buy de necessities.

And then my parents got kidnapped and replaced by these two humans that wanted to watch the Steelers vs. Giants game. WTF? My parents NEVER watched sports EVER. But, because Big Ben is from our hometown, they caught NFL fever. It was fun: mom cooked meal and hanging out in my new living room watching a football game. A fine afternoon. Then an hour or so walk around my new neighborhood (chilly day), and then more hanging out. A nice visit. Much better when not in the grip of anxiety attacks like years past.

And this week I got to buy myself a gift: a new car battery. I figured after having called these guys twice this week, it may be time. $108 bye-bye.

Uh-oh, almost midnight. I'd better get to bed so I don't scare off Santa. Good night.

No comments: