Thursday, April 06, 2006

I found my next CD purchase

By way of Stereogum (thank you, again and again), I have found the next CD to buy. He by dipping me in a blog bowl of Strawberry Fire (which appears to be a place to spend yet more hours clicking around in). There are links to a video and MP3s from Jack White's new band The Raconteurs.

I like a lot what I've heard. I can see why writing a song like "Steady, As She Goes" would inspire one to form a band around it (according to the Amazon editorial blurb in the listing); it's catchy, driving and just a touch of that sad pre-emptive nostalgia that captures my ears, mind and heart. Sounds like The White Stripes only even more filled out with something that strikes me as a 70s anthem rock throbbing just under the skin.

Now fingers crossed I get to see them at the Empty Bottle, or The White Stripes again, for the 3rd time. Yippeee!

Steady as you go, friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I come along? Don't forget your pixie neighbor.