Saturday, February 12, 2005

Caribbean Weekend

I am late as I type this, but "whaddyagonnado?"

Today my friends J&L.W. are throwing the second monthly Brunch event. Their theme is Caribbean food. So, seems like a lot of Jerk-something or other will be there. To get in the mood, I am grooving to Disk Two of that Jimmy Cliff CD I bought, drinking my Cafe Molido Santa Domingo (second review down), and glancing at my little Dominican guy carving I picked up during our La Romana City Tour (I'll try to get a non-blurry pic up sometime of my knick-knacks).

To the brunch, I am bring that rot-gut rum with the picture of me and my parents on the label and Coke and limes to make Cuba Libras. Be nice if I knew how to/cared to learn how to cook, but I really don't too much, so it appears I'll be bring booze or some sort of pre-prepared food from Jewel-Osco to these Monthly Brunches.

Okay, am now seriously late. "No Problem, Honey"

No comments: